What does the international health insurance not cover?
Not insured are:
- Travel abroad for professional reasons
- Treatments by non-medical practitioners
- Childbirth, interruptions of pregnancy and examinations and treatments due to pregnancy
- Nutritional and tonic preparations, cosmetic preparations
- additional purchase of medicines during a trip
- new dental prosthesis including crowns, dental cosmetics, orthodontics and implantology
- Mental and emotional disorders, psychosomatic treatment
- Purchase of aids, e.g. glasses, contact lenses, insoles, prostheses, bandages, forefoot relief shoe
- Illnesses/accidents as a result of pandemics or foreseeable war events, attempted suicide, addiction, alcohol, drugs (war events are foreseeable if there is a warning from the Foreign Office prior to travel. The terrorist attacks in Paris or Brussels do not count as war events).
- Accommodation caused by need of care or custody
- Spa and sanatorium treatments and rehabilitation measures
- Salvage costs
- Costs for PCR tests or antigen tests in connection with entry and exit from the country
- Costs of transporting a Covid contact to a hospital (e.g., to a testing station to determine whether or not he or she is positive)
- Additional costs at the destination due to quarantine (longer stay in accommodation, flight rebooking costs, etc.) because the travel time has to be extended and the infected person or contact person flies back later
- Costs for an adult escort to accompany the minor student(s) in the event of repatriation for further treatment in the home country
What does the travel cancellation insurance not cover?
Not covered are:
- Failure of a student to transfer if it is not a school or class trip
- Fees incurred in obtaining foreign currency
- Failure to catch a flight due to a delayed shuttle bus. (additional costs for rebooking)
- Dangers of war, civil war or war-like events
- Unexpected inoculation intolerance in a relative, if the relative is not also insured.
- Pregnancy: if the mother of the minor insured is not insured
- Damage to property: if the damage is not substantial in relation to the economic condition or assets of the injured party
- Repetition of exams: If they do not have to be repeated in order to obtain an extension of school attendance/graduation. If the trip was booked after the date of failed exam. An early examination is also not insured
- If the trip is not taken due to the extension of a stay at a health resort
- If a) the mental illness already existed before the start of the trip (b) the treatment was not carried out by a specialist doctor
- a purely positive corona test (without symptoms)
- Administrative costs such as preparatory meetings held beforehand are not part of the travel price
Is cancellation / revocation of a travel cancellation insurance possible?
The travel cancellation insurance cannot be cancelled or revoked. The reason for this is that the insurance takes effect immediately upon conclusion of the contract. The insurance coverage of the travel cancellation insurance ends with the start of the trip. The insurance cannot be revoked even if the entire trip demonstrably does not take place. Travel cancellation insurance covers the financial consequences if you are unable to start a planned trip. Accordingly, the insurance period refers to the period before the trip. Upon receipt of the insurance policy, the insurer's part of the contract (assumption of the risk) is immediately considered fulfilled. Accordingly, the right of cancellation does not apply. For more information on the right of withdrawal, please refer to your insurance confirmation and our legal information: Legal Information - Bernhard Travel Insurance
What does the travel accident insurance not cover?
Not insured are:
- Accidents caused by motorized vehicles, where the aim is to reach maximum speeds.
- Rescue costs (e.g. helicopter transport to the valley), due to altitude sickness).
What does the travel liability insurance not cover?
Not insured are:
- Loss of other people's private apartment keys - If the keys were not lawfully in the custody of the insured person - If the damage amounts to up to €150 - Consequential damage resulting from the loss of keys (e.g. burglary) - Keys to movable property, including safe and furniture keys, if the damage amounts to up to €150 - Loss of keys from keys provided by the host school.
- Keeping or use of motor vehicles, aircrafts or watercrafts subject to compulsory insurance
- Holding and use of a vehicle
- E-scooters (the holding or use of e-scooters subject to insurance is not insured)
- Third-party property that has been rented, leased, rented or borrowed
- Triggering of a false alarm at the fire department and police department
- Postage costs for sending bills
- Other damage to property
What should be considered in the event of a legal protection case?
There is no deductible for legal protection insurance. The maximum sum insured is 1 million euros.
What does baggage insurance not cover?
Not insured are:
- Borrowed musical instruments
- Deeds and documents of any kind
- Items with predominant artistic or collector's value
- Contact lenses
- Prostheses of any kind
- Sailing equipment
- Hang gliders
- land, air and water vehicles, in each case with accessories, if they are in intended use
- Furs, jewelry, objects made of precious metals as well as cameras, film cameras and video systems are not insured in unattended parked motor vehicles or trailers and in unattended water sports vehicles.
- dangers due to wars, strikes, confiscation
- dangers from the use of chemical, biological substances
- dangers from nuclear energy
- Leaving gifts or travel souvenirs lying, standing or hanging on the ground
- skis without factory number / rented or leased skis
What are the regulations for baggage insurance when camping?
1. Insurance coverage is also provided for damage occurring while camping or camping at an official campsite (established by authorities, associations or private entrepreneurs).
2. If items are left unattended in the tent or caravan, insurance cover for damage due to theft, burglary and the wantonness or malice of third parties (intentional damage to property) only exists if:
the damage did not occur during the night time. Night time is generally considered to be the time between 22:00 and 06:00. The tent must at least be tied or buttoned up.
this is properly secured by means of a lock. Furs, jewelry and objects made of precious metal are not insured in the unattended tent or caravan.
3. Photographic, cinematographic and portable video systems, in each case with accessories, watches, optical devices, hunting weapons, radio and television sets, sound recording and reproducing devices, in each case with accessories, are insured only as long as they are:
a) carried safely in personal custody, or
b) handed over to the supervision of the official campsite for safekeeping or
c) in a caravan properly secured by lock or in a motor vehicle firmly enclosed and secured by lock on an official campsite.
4. Unless an official campsite (see 1) is used, damage due to theft, burglary, robbery, robbery extortion, courage or malice of third parties (intentional damage to property) are excluded.
5. If the policyholder (you) violates an obligation arising from this contract which he must fulfill before the insured event occurs, the insurer may terminate the contract without notice within one month of becoming aware of the violation of the obligation. The insurer has no right to terminate the contract if the policyholder proves that the breach of obligation was neither intentional nor due to gross negligence.
How are bicycles insured in the baggage insurance?
1. Insurance coverage is also provided for bicycles as long as they are not in intended use.
2. In the event of theft, insurance cover is only provided if the bicycle was secured at the time of the theft by a cable lock or a lock with a comparable security value, which does not usually include frame locks.
3. The Insurer will compensate for damage to items that are loosely connected to the bicycle and regularly serve its use only if they have been lost together with the bicycle.
4. The compensation per insured event is limited to EUR 250.00 if the theft is committed during the night time. Night time is generally defined as the time between 22:00 and 06:00.
5. The policyholder or insured person must obtain and retain documentation on the manufacturer, brand and frame number of the insured bicycles. If the policyholder or insured person violates this provision, he can only claim compensation if he can otherwise prove the characteristics.
What happens if a participant (caregiver) is older than 64?
If at least one chaperone in the group is 65 years of age or older, please register the group under Association Group Trips or Exchanges. Teacher cancellation insurance is not available for teachers 65 years of age or older.
What is the minimum group size?
The minimum group size is5 persons (all max. 64 years old). Caregivers who are not older than 64 years can be co-insured.
Where do I enter the participants?
You have two options to enter the participants. Either you fill in the list provided by us (e.g. by copy & paste), or you enter the participants manually.