What additional insurance is needed if individual participants cannot make the GAPP trip?
In the event that individual insured participants/students/teachers are unable to participate in the GAPP trip due to acute serious illness, accident or death, you will need travel cancellation insurance. This will provide reimbursement of cancellation costs for these individuals in the event of trip cancellation. However, the other insured participants will take part in the trip.
Costs of a travel cancellation insurance
Example: If all persons to be insured are max. 64 years old and the travel price per person is max. 3,000 euros, the insurance costs are:
a) with deductible: 2 % of the stated total travel price
b) without deductible: 2.7 % of the stated total travel price.
Trip cancellation insurance: can be optionally booked at the time of booking
Please note that for trip cancellation insurance an online booking is required at least 14 full days before departure!
Why is a travel cancellation insurance worthwhile?
Insured reasons for travel cancellation
What additional insurance is needed if the GAPP trip does not happen due to teacher cancellation?
In the event that the entire GAPP trip cannot take place because a teacher cannot participate in the GAPP trip due to acute serious illness, accident or death and no other teacher can stand in for him/her, you need the so-called teacher cancellation insurance. This covers the cancellation costs.
Total trip price
The maximum limit of the total trip price for the GAPP trip is 30,000 Euros.
The teacher cancellation insurance (with/without deductible) can be booked easily with a click when booking the GAPP travel insurance.
Please note that online booking is required at least 14 full days before the start of the trip for teacher absence insurance!
More information about the teacher absence insurance ...
What if the travel time of one or more participants differs from the main group?
Register main group online
If the travel period of one or more participants differs from the main group, please register the main group online with 1 travel period (minimum 5 participants).
Then send us an email with the booking number and the participants (first name, last name, date of birth) with the deviating travel period(s). We will then insure them with the booking number -A, -B, -C, ... insure.
Payment for different travel periods
Please note that payment for participants with different travel periods can only be made by bank transfer or direct debit (not by credit card).
To avoid the high transfer fees, you may want to ask your German partner school to do the transfer for you and hand over the money in Germany. If you prefer to pay by direct debit from a German account, please indicate the account holder + IBAN.
What should I bear in mind when booking?
Data of the participants
If you register online, please make sure that you have the first and last name as well as the date of birth of all participants available.
Provide a guest address
The "guest address" requested at the beginning of the online registration is the address of the host school inviting the students to come.
Do you need a detailed confirmation with the names of the insured? If so, please DO NOT upload a list of attendees, but manually enter their names and dates of birth.
This will allow us to create a named confirmation. Alternatively, if the invoice/confirmation is sufficient, you can upload a list of participants (Excel, Word, pdf).
How to pay at the time of booking?
Payment by credit card is only possible with online registration.
If you would like to pay by bank transfer, please state the invoice number (= voucher number) and note that the bank charges are to be paid by you.
If you prefer to pay by direct debit from a German account, we need the account holder, IBAN and BIC.
What does the international health insurance not cover?
Not insured are:
- Travel abroad for professional reasons
- Treatments by non-medical practitioners
- Childbirth, interruptions of pregnancy and examinations and treatments due to pregnancy
- Nutritional and tonic preparations, cosmetic preparations
- additional purchase of medicines during a trip
- new dental prosthesis including crowns, dental cosmetics, orthodontics and implantology
- Mental and emotional disorders, psychosomatic treatment
- Purchase of aids, e.g. glasses, contact lenses, insoles, prostheses, bandages, forefoot relief shoe
- Illnesses/accidents as a result of pandemics or foreseeable war events, attempted suicide, addiction, alcohol, drugs (war events are foreseeable if there is a warning from the Foreign Office prior to travel. The terrorist attacks in Paris or Brussels do not count as war events).
- Accommodation caused by need of care or custody
- Spa and sanatorium treatments and rehabilitation measures
- Salvage costs
- Costs for PCR tests or antigen tests in connection with entry and exit from the country
- Costs of transporting a Covid contact to a hospital (e.g., to a testing station to determine whether or not he or she is positive)
- Additional costs at the destination due to quarantine (longer stay in accommodation, flight rebooking costs, etc.) because the travel time has to be extended and the infected person or contact person flies back later
- Costs for an adult escort to accompany the minor student(s) in the event of repatriation for further treatment in the home country
What is covered under an overseas health insurance policy in the event of a Covid-19 illness?
- Treatment of an acute Covid-19 disease (Attention: a positive Corona test does not yet represent a disease!)
- Corona test for diagnostic purposes in the context of medical treatment abroad
How do I register if the tour guide or other participants have a different insurance period than the group?
The GAPP main group (same travel period, same product and same destination) can register viathis link.
Participants whose travel period differs from the main group register as"foreign guests in Germany".
If the GAPP registration has not been done yet:
We ask the customer to register them as foreign guests in Germany.
If the GAPP registration including travel cancellation insurance has already been done:
The customer registers the participant with a different travel period under foreign guests in Germany, butWITHOUT travel cancellation insurance.
He enters the date on which the guest insurance begins as the entry date (so that he can complete the registration).
After the conclusion he sends us an email that it is an extension of the GAPP-Vers. xx. In this way it can be ensured that the total allowed travel period is not exceeded.